Friday, September 11, 2009

H1N1 experience

Lamanya tak update. Do you miss me? Hehehe. Sebelum anda panic let me just clarify that I did not get the virus (wah panic la sangat, feeling artis popular kekdahnya).

2 weeks ago (well dah basi cerita ni tapi since kemalasan mengupdate, terima je la cerita basi) one of our relative was diagnosed with H1N1 "swine flu" by KJMC doctor and was put on Tamiflu. She is managing just fine at present. 2-3 hari demam teruk, cough, sore throat, sengal2 badan, headache, chills and fatigue. Alhamdulillah lepas 4 hari keadaan bertambah baik dan sihat sepenuhnya selepas 1 minggu.

Tak sure dari mana dia mendapat virus tersebut. Mungkin ketika ke pasar atau tempat2 sesak lain? Semasa berjemaah solat terawih atau semasa pergi carrefour? Doctor kata, a patient is most contagious for 72 hours before any symptoms show, during which time the patient will continue on with life as usual, while unknowingly spreading the virus.

My advise, do wear face masks when going into crowded areas. Selalulah basuh tangan or bawa hand sanitizer kemana saja. Swine flu is really scary and I don't want my family getting infected by it.

No comments: